Eco-Web Summer Jobs 2018
Eco-Web Ecological Consulting Ltd. is a progressive and growing company offering environmental services to the oil and gas industry in northeastern British Columbia and Alberta. Eco-Web specializes in environmental impact assessments, fish and wildlife research, wildlife mitigation planning, environmental monitoring, reclamation and natural restoration and wildlife management during emergency spill responses.
Eco-Web is looking to add to our team in our Fort St. John, BC office. We are seeking experienced, hardworking, self-motivated, people with a drive to succeed and further their careers on dynamic and exciting projects. All candidates should have a strong business/client orientation with proven business development and client relationship skills, proven experience in staff and project team integration and team building with strong people skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and strong problem solving abilities.
Eco-Web is currently looking to fill all or some of these full time positions in our Fort St John office;
- Senior Biologist / Project Manager – we are seeking out leaders to be part of a multidisciplinary team looking after ecological/ fish and wildlife based projects. Experience will be needed in: wildlife mitigation planning, wildlife assessments, fish/stream inventory and classification, avian species assessment and nest identification, fish and wildlife research, wildlife capture and handling, wildlife care and rehabilitation, wildlife deterrence, wildlife monitoring. A strong background in project management would be valuable. Other duties include daily and interim reporting, mitigation planning and fieldwork, GIS/mapping, and the ability to work long hours in the field under difficult conditions. The candidate should have a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience and a BSc or MSc in biology or related sciences or alternatively a relevant post-secondary diploma plus related work experience in resource management and ecology will be considered. Professional Biologist standing or ability to obtain is considered a benefit.
- Avian Biologist – relevant oil and gas related experience in wildlife management, in particular avian species assessment and nest identification, mitigation planning, research, environmental monitoring of large scale projects, and environmental impact assessments. A strong background in project management, reporting and fieldwork, particularly as related to the oil and gas field, with the ability to work in remote and difficult conditions. The candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience and a BSc or MSc in a related field. Registered Professional Biologist standing or ability to obtain is considered a benefit.
- Environmental Inspector - experience in environmental monitoring, lease, access and pipeline construction, wildlife management, wildlife mitigation planning, stream crossings, topsoil stripping and replacement, erosion control, slope stability techniques, heavy equipment supervision and revegetation (seeding, willow staking, tree planting) with a minimum of 6-8 years’ experience and a bachelor’s degree in a related field. RPBio or PAg standing or ability to obtain is considered a benefit. This role is typically a subcontract position but would be based upon the individual.
- Reclamation and Contaminated Site Specialist – This dual position role requires a flexible professional with experience in both contaminated site investigation and remediation and the final site reclamation. The candidate should have contaminated sites experience consisting of: sampling protocols and procedures in accordance with BC regs, Certificate of Restoration Part 1 and 2 processes and procedures, spill delineation and monitoring sampling and a thorough understanding of the Environmental Management Act and Contaminated Sites Regulation, including all protocols and technical guidance documents. The candidate must also demonstrate experience in soil and vegetation assessments, Schedule A and B Assessments to fulfill OGC/ALC requirements, topsoil stripping and replacement, erosion control, slope stability techniques, heavy equipment supervision, wellsite and pipeline construction knowledge. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3-5 years’ experience, a BSc and a professional designation such as a Professional Agrologist with the BCIA.
- Summer Students – completed two years of a Bachelor's of Science related discipline from a recognized university, or one year of education, with previous field work experience. Completion of two years of a related diploma program will also be considered. The successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities, participating in wildlife related field work, reclamation related field work, emergency spill response, data entry, analysis and management with some report preparation.
For all positions preference will be given to individuals with oil and gas industry experience and related safety training and skill sets;
- Valid driver’s license
- ATV, UTV and/or Argo training or experience
- First Aid, H2s, WHIMS and other Safety training
- Wildlife and breeding bird (sight and sound) identification skills
- Fisheries and stream classification skills
- Excellent GPS and navigational skills
- Willingness to work in the field in remote locations for extended periods
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment and under deadlines
- Well-developed computer skills such as Excel, Microsoft Word, GIS
- Excellent communication, organization and writing skills
- A self-starter with enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
All positions are based out of either Fort St. John or our work locations in Alberta, applicants are expected to be based locally for this work. Employee versus subcontractor designation will be at Eco-Web’s discretion and subject to negotiation. Compensation is dependent on experience but will be more than competitive.
Please send resumes to Landon Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 250-787-1175 or to our office at 8211 93rd Street, Fort St. John, BC V1J 6X1. Resumes will be received until June 1, 2018, although some positions will start earlier.